Flights to Christchurch
Taipei to Christchurch
per person return
Depart Taipei between 30Jul -24Sep19/15Oct - 30Nov19/06Feb – 26Mar20/26Apr – 31May20
Premium Economy / Business Premier deal:
Depart Taipei between 01Aug19 - 11Jan20/26Jan – 31May20
*Fare Deals Terms and Conditions
1. All prices are quoted in New Taiwan Dollar (NT$). Please note: credit card transactions on this website are processed outside of Taiwan and your card provider may charge an additional overseas transaction service fee.”
2. Taipei to Auckland direct service round-trip fare excludes estimated taxes and surcharges of NT$1,900; Taipei/Taichung/Kaohsiung to New Zealand via Hong Kong round-trip fare excludes estimated taxes and surcharges of NT$3,000.
3. Tax is subject to currency exchange fluctuation. Final tax amount will be calculated upon confirmation of booking.
4. The above fare is valid for round-trip travel on Air New Zealand from Taiwan to Auckland, or onward to other New Zealand domestic destinations via Auckland.
5. Seats are limited for the above fare and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
6.- Economy deal: Passengers must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.tw from 20 June 2019 to 15 July 2019 (Taipei-Auckland-Taipei: Booking class "K"; Auckland - New Zealand domestic: Booking class "K"). Non-stop from Taipei deal: Depart TPE between 30Jul -24Sep19/15Oct - 30Nov19/06Feb – 26Mar20/26Apr – 31May20
- Premium Economy deal: Passengers must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.tw from 20 June 2019 to 15 July 2019 (Taipei-Auckland-Taipei: Booking class "A"; Auckland - New Zealand domestic: Booking class "Y"). Non-stop from Taipei deal: Depart TPE between 01Aug19 - 11Jan20/26Jan – 31May20
-Business Premier deal: Passengers must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.tw from 20 June 2019 to 15 July 2019 (Taipei-Auckland-Taipei: Booking class "J"; Auckland - New Zealand domestic: Booking class "Y"). Non-stop from Taipei deal: Depart TPE between 01Aug19 - 11Jan20/26Jan – 31May20
7. Stopover at Auckland in each direction is allowed free of charge and must be booked in the same transaction as the Taiwan - New Zealand flights.
8. Ticket validity: 3 months.
9. Cancellation - Economy deal: non-refundable.
Cancellation - Premium Economy and Business Premier deals: Subject to NT$3,000 cancellation fee for totally unused ticket only. Partially used tickets are non-refundable.
For details please see fare conditions.
10. Changes - Economy deal: All changes must be made before the ticketed flight date. Subject to NT$3,000 change fee per ticket per transaction and applicable fare difference. Service fees apply. Tickets are not transferable to another person.
Changes - Premium Economy and Business Premier deals: All changes must be made before the ticketed flight date. Subject to applicable fare difference. Service fees apply. Tickets are not transferable to another person.
For details please see fare conditions.
11. No Show: Penalty of NT$3,000 applies plus fare difference. Service fees apply. Please see fare conditions.
12. Air New Zealand reserves the right to change the above conditions and any routing exclusion without prior notice.
13. See other fare conditions. Other restrictions may apply.
14. In case of inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms, the English version shall prevail.
Explore the great outdoors
In the city centre, a low speed limit, wide footpaths, pedestrian-only streets, parks and ample cycle lanes make Christchurch easy to explore. The botanic gardens and Hagley Park are handy central green spaces for communing with nature. You can also glide along the Avon River in canoes, kayaks, row boats or romantic Edwardian punts.
The Port Hills deliver hiking and mountain biking adventures with spectacular long range views. If uphill treks are not your thing, check out the Christchurch Gondola or the chairlift at Christchurch Adventure Park, where you can also hire mountain bikes and descend a range of trails or sign up to experience New Zealand's longest and highest zipline rides. It's high on the list of fun things to do in Christchurch. For adventure in the treetops, with challenging bridges, nets, swings and flying foxes, head to Adrenalin Forest in Spencer Park, about 20 minutes north of the city.
Christchurch has transformed into a captivating urban centre: a place to discover great historic and modern architecture, a chance to explore street art and new retail concepts, and an opportunity to enjoy a food and drink scene where creativity is the key ingredient. This is all topped off by a growing number of adventure activities that deliver a huge view of the city while you get your thrills.
About our flights to Christchurch
Air New Zealand offers non-stop domestic flights to Christchurch from Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington, Queenstown and Dunedin, with connecting flights from most other regional centres. With all our domestic airfares you can choose seat, seat+bag, flexitime or flexidate fare types. Scheduled flight times are: Auckland to Christchurch one hour 25 minutes; Rotorua to Christchurch one hour 55 minutes; Wellington to Christchurch one hour 50 minutes; Queenstown to Christchurch flights 65 minutes; Dunedin to Christchurch 65 minutes.
The urban renewal throughout central Christchurch is truly captivating. Exciting modern low-rise architecture is popping up to complement the city's beautiful historic landmarks.
Where to go and what to see in Christchurch
Be ready to roam when you arrive in Christchurch, because there's architectural, retail and hospitality excitement waiting around every corner. The new urban plan that's unfolding includes laneways, pedestrian-only precincts, imagination-fuelled playgrounds and revamped historic sites that tell extraordinary stories. In this ever-evolving city, your eyes will be wide with wonder.
Discover a perfect blend of heritage and innovation
The urban renewal throughout central Christchurch is truly compelling. Exciting modern low-rise architecture is popping up to complement the city's beautiful historic landmarks. Retail and restaurant precincts have been reshaped to include open streetscapes and cosy new laneways full of energy and character. Even the pedestrian lights have embraced innovation, with sensors and built-in intelligence to minimise waiting.
In Oxford Terrace, a row of bold new buildings with restaurant balconies and on-street dining areas overlooks tiered public spaces and gardens along the river bank. In contrast to this modernity, the beautifully restored 1930s buildings of New Regent Street are painted in their original pastel shades. You can make the most of inner city Christchurch sightseeing by travelling on hop-on hop-off historic trams that trundle slowly through the modern precincts, as well as the arts and museums districts.
Out of town by the airport, the International Antarctic Centre blends high-tech attractions with real world experiences to create one of the top Christchurch attractions. Here you can ride in Hagglund Antarctic vehicles, meet the resident rescue penguins, experience an ice voyage in 4D, step onto the ice for an arctic storm and browse displays to learn about the history of Antarctic exploration and Christchurch's ongoing role as the gateway to Antarctica.
Immerse yourself in creative arts
Creativity is a big part of Christchurch culture. As you wander the streets you can't help but be impressed by the scale and quality of street art from local and international artists. The striking, glass fronted Christchurch Art Gallery is free to visit and houses a vast collection of important works, from classics to modern art. To get the most from your experience, you can join a free guided tour or listen to audio guides on your smartphone. Close to the gallery, the historic Arts Centre building is home to small exhibitions and shops selling exceptional local art and crafts. Modern and abstract art lovers should also head to CoCA, the Centre of Contemporary Art on Gloucester Street.
Live theatre has been strong in Christchurch for generations. Before you visit, check what's on at The Court Theatre and book ahead to avoid disappointment. It's home to New Zealand's oldest and largest theatre company and there's always a great range of shows to choose from. Another Christchurch favourite is the Isaac Theatre Royal, a beautifully restored Edwardian theatre built in 1908 that showcases music, musicals, comedy, dance and drama.
Best time to go
Because many of its attractions are cultural, Christchurch is a great experience in any season.
How much will it cost?
Not including air travel and hotels, you should allow about NZD $100 to $150 a day per person for food and entertainment.
There are no mandatory vaccinations required for visitors to New Zealand.
Auckland (AKL) to Christchurch (CHC)
Wellington (WLG) to Christchurch (CHC)
Queenstown (ZQN) to Christchurch (CHC)
Dunedin (DUD) to Christchurch (CHC)
*Flight times are based on the fastest route available.
**Indirect flights may also be available for this route.
Flying with Air New Zealand
- The only non-stop service from Taiwan to New Zealand, connecting you to 20 New Zealand domestic destinations.
- Fly in comfort on our 787-9 Dreamliner aircrafts with 3 cabins to choose from.
- Experience New Zealand the moment you step on board with our uniquely kiwi hospitality.
- Two checked in bags free of charge in Economy class and extra bag allowances in Premium classes on non-stop service.