Flights to Christchurch
Christchurch is a past-meets-present hub of creativity, heritage, gardens and unexpected adventures.
Taipei to Christchurch
per person return
Premium Economy deal: Depart Taipei between 07May - 14Dec19
Business Premier deal: Depart Taipei between 14Mar - 14Dec19
*Fare Deals Terms and Conditions
1. All prices are quoted in New Taiwan Dollar (NT$). Please note: credit card transactions on this website are processed outside of Taiwan and your card provider may charge an additional overseas transaction service fee.”
2. Taipei to Auckland direct service round-trip fare excludes estimated taxes and surcharges of NT$1,900; Taipei/Taichung/Kaohsiung to New Zealand via Hong Kong round-trip fare excludes estimated taxes and surcharges of NT$3,000.
3. Tax is subject to currency exchange fluctuation. Final tax amount will be calculated upon confirmation of booking.
4. The above fare is valid for round-trip travel on Air New Zealand from Taiwan to Auckland, or onward to other New Zealand domestic destinations via Auckland.
5. Seats are limited for the above fare and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
6.- Economy deal: Passengers must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.tw from 19 Feb 2019 to 11 Mar 2019 (Taipei-Auckland-Taipei: Booking class "K"; Auckland - New Zealand domestic: Booking class "K"). Non-stop from Taipei deal: Depart TPE between 04May - 22Jun19/10Aug - 02Oct19/06Oct - 29Oct19 .
- Premium Economy deal: Passengers must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.tw from 19 Feb 2019 to 11 Mar 2019 (Taipei-Auckland-Taipei: Booking class "A"; Auckland - New Zealand domestic: Booking class "Y"). Non-stop from Taipei deal: Depart TPE between 07May - 14Dec19 .
-Business Premier deal: Passengers must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.com.tw from 19 Feb 2019 to 11 Mar 2019 (Taipei-Auckland-Taipei: Booking class "J"; Auckland - New Zealand domestic: Booking class "Y"). Non-stop from Taipei deal: Depart TPE between 14Mar - 14Dec19.
7. Stopover at Auckland in each direction is allowed free of charge and must be booked in the same transaction as the Taiwan - New Zealand flights.
8. Ticket validity: 3 months.
9. Cancellation - Economy deal: non-refundable.
Cancellation - Premium Economy and Business Premier deals: Subject to NT$3,000 cancellation fee for totally unused ticket only. Partially used tickets are non-refundable.
For details please see fare conditions.
10. Changes - Economy deal: All changes must be made before the ticketed flight date. Subject to NT$3,000 change fee per ticket per transaction and applicable fare difference. Service fees apply. Tickets are not transferable to another person.
Changes - Premium Economy and Business Premier deals: All changes must be made before the ticketed flight date. Subject to applicable fare difference. Service fees apply. Tickets are not transferable to another person.
For details please see fare conditions.
11. No Show: Penalty of NT$3,000 applies plus fare difference. Service fees apply. Please see fare conditions.
12. Air New Zealand reserves the right to change the above conditions and any routing exclusion without prior notice.
13. See other fare conditions. Other restrictions may apply.
14. In case of inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms, the English version shall prevail.
Christchurch is a city that's on the up. The 2011 earthquakes put a spanner in the works, but the city is coming back and it's better than ever. New buildings are popping up all over the place and old buildings are getting the attention they need to be resilient. With all this development, and the influx of people required to make it happen, the city's hospitality and arts scenes have really taken off. Fresh new cafés and restaurants have made their mark on the central city, including several that focus on locally-sourced and organic ingredients. Take your pick and find food to suit your mood.
Things to do in Christchurch
Once Christchurch was ruled by the suburban shopping malls, however boutique shopping has made a resurgence and there's also the funky Re:START precinct to discover - the shops are housed within a collection of converted shipping containers.
In terms of culture, contemporary art is alive and well in Christchurch. And it's not at all typical - there's a sound art gallery, a jewellery gallery and even a tattoo and body piercing gallery. You can also visit the eclectic Arts Centre - housed in a cluster of heritage buildings - is reopening in stages. As well as a number of eateries and exhibitions, it is the home of Rutherford's Den - a chance for kids and physics enthusiasts to learn about the scientific discoveries of Kiwi physicist Ernest Rutherford in the actual rooms where he studied.
Mount Hutt and Porters are the two commercial ski areas, or you can try the more rustic club fields of Craigieburn and Mount Olympus.
Crisp, cool and dry in the winter, Christchurch is positioned only an hour's drive from a number of ski areas, making it an excellent base for a family skiing holiday. Mount Hutt and Porters are the two commercial fields, or you can try the more rustic club fields of Craigieburn and Mount Olympus.
Its central location on the South Island also makes Christchurch the gateway to some of New Zealand's most incredible scenery and adventures. Close at hand you'll find golf, bungy jumping, hot-air ballooning, river fishing and mountain biking. Travel a little further and there are wine regions, whale watching tours and hot springs.
Best time to go
Because many of its attractions are cultural, Christchurch is a great experience in any season.
How much will it cost?
Not including air travel and hotels, you should allow about NZD $100 to $150 a day per person for food and entertainment.
There are no mandatory vaccinations required for visitors to New Zealand.
Auckland (AKL) to Christchurch (CHC)
Wellington (WLG) to Christchurch (CHC)
Queenstown (ZQN) to Christchurch (CHC)
Dunedin (DUD) to Christchurch (CHC)
*Flight times are based on the fastest route available.
**Indirect flights may also be available for this route.
Flying with Air New Zealand
- The only non-stop service from Taiwan to New Zealand, connecting you to 20 New Zealand domestic destinations.
- Fly in comfort on our 787-9 Dreamliner aircrafts with 3 cabins to choose from.
- Experience New Zealand the moment you step on board with our uniquely kiwi hospitality.
- Two checked in bags free of charge in Economy class and extra bag allowances in Premium classes on non-stop service.